Monday, February 8, 2016

Binders for CNY

It is almost impossible to tune out Chinese New Year celebration with the existence of Facebook, twitter, whatsapp and whatsoever SNS medias out there.

In contrast to the merry celebration going on in Malaysia, it is just another day here in Monterey. Sunday, like any other Sundays, are lined up with translation after translation into J, into E, and more hours in the library.

This would be my fourth year away from CNY celebration back home. Last year I had a bunch of Japanese kids in Ehime for company, taught class after class, and more translation, well at least my colleagues remembered I am "sort of" Chinese, and wished me Happy CNY and that's about all.

This year, I am stuck with binders and precision sand molds for CNY. Trying really hard focus, not to think about what's going on on the other side of the world. Facebook is just annoying, had me stuck in a I-want-to-be-part-of-it-but-I-don't-want-to-be-part-of-it inner war.

OK, I have so much on my plate, and I really should get back on track.
Happy CNY.  

No comments: