Monday, January 25, 2016

I am a

light sleeper.

I am used to having vivid dreams. People used to wonder if their dreams are colored. Mine are not only colored, I hear, I smell, my senses are very much alive as I am awake. Most of the time I remember the last few moments when I open my eyes, and occasionally, the whole story.

I remember this dream I had when I was in high school. At the beginning, I found myself in a mini bus, an old school bus where the seats were almost rusted. There were two rows of seat that are aligned vertically in front, and others horizontally just as the usual. I was riding with about six other passengers, they were wearing white arab robes, and looking grim. I could still remember the door of the bus was wide open, and wind gushed in as the bus proceeds. I smell something in the air, a mixture of tiger balm and incense. One of them was carrying a cremation urn, that was when I realized I was in the middle of a funeral parade. I forgotten how I felt, only remembering vaguely that I wasn't very surprised.

Then we arrived at a mosque. Don't recall the color, only remember that it was huge. We stopped in front of a small entrance, with a tiny door at the side. The chanting was not as loud as I thought it would be from such close distance. Kinda soft, and soothing. There was a white rugged cloth hanging from the hinge of the door, we have to lift it up before entering the compound. The next thing I remember was, the mosque was filled to the brim with water. Clear blue, chlorinated pool water. I was very close to the round and pointed ceiling as I swam around. After swimming around for sometime, I decided to leave, and I had to dive under to look for the tiny entrance that I came in.  Then I woke up.

Definitely one of my weirdest dream ever.

They say there are many ways you can interpret a dream. I don't. For me, they are simple an encounter, where logic does not take place. But I feel everything but unnatural when I was in it. 

--I have never been to a mosque, seen it plenty of times, but never set foot in one.
--Neither do me or anyone close to me carries tiger balm.


  

No comments: