Friday, August 23, 2013

Transition

Aug 13th 2013

Marks another turning point in my life. 
Embarking on a journey alone to this foreign country, where the word freedom is defined at different level compared to where I came from or where I have been at, got me thinking a lot before I set foot on this place. 

It took me sometime to realised that I am leaving home. 

Departing to Japan in 2010 was an exciting journey. I knew it was a once in a life time, time limited experience. It was, I enjoyed. 

However, departing to US was a different one. There are too much unseen possibilities. Will I come home? Will I continue to stay. My people, my country, the things I know, will this journey change the way I look at them when I come back later. The changes is probably the biggest factor is this confusion. The fear for the unknown. There are too many things to weigh on, that I decided to just close my eyes and walk straight ahead. I made the decision, I stick to it.   

It was a confusing stage, with a lot of monologue, but I somehow got through.  

Everyone has an American dream. Or so they say. I have no idea what they meant about, seriously. 

The path I chose somehow leads me here. 
And I am lucky to fulfil it because of the support I have from home. There is no way I would have made it here alone. It would take decades. I am grateful, and thankful to have this opportunity. 

Therefore, I will definitely not go home empty handed. 
This is hard, however I'd love to think that the stress level that I endure now, will somehow lead to the discovery of my new self, a whole new collection of rich experience, and knowledge in the field I chose. 

Seriously, I salute the professors I met, they are of different expertise and experience, one day I will achieve the superman/superwoman image that they portrayed in my eyes at this very moment.   

2 comments:

Chrys said...

We didn't get to meet before you left! :((

sw said...

残念T__T